Over the next few weeks Louise taught us several new ways to approach drawing. I am not going to go into a lot of detail but will share a definition as well as the work I did in each of these areas.
The first area we covered was Contour Drawing, click here. Our subject was our hand. In the first drawing we were asked to draw the outline of both the front and the back view of our hand.
In this drawing we were allowed to look at the drawing as we drew. The end result is very much like a coloring book drawing.
Contour Drawing
Blind Contour Drawing
Contour Drawing Homework
Foreshortening - view 1
Foreshortening - view 2
Finally we learned Perspective, click here. We were taught how to use the vanishing point to achieve proper perspective. I have to admit that this is one area where I could learn a lot more.
Vanishing Point
Exercise in using Vanishing Point
No comments:
Post a Comment