Just Black & White 7 - Misc 4
Since I'd done a little exploring on my own before I started classes with Louise I was surprised to find she taught the R-mode, L-mode method. Much of her teaching comes from the book Drawing on the Right Side Of The Brain by Betty Edwards. For more information on this subject click here. Somehow it felt like I was starting all over again and in essence I was. Louise started us out by doing an upside down drawing using a handout she gave all the students to follow. It was very interesting to see each students interpretation and finished drawing. Here is the handout we used and my drawing which was done upside down but you will view right side up.
Handout
My Drawing
Next she had us make a line drawing of our hand.
My Hand
Then to our surprise she had each of us draw another student as they were drawing someone else. That was an interesting exercise since we were all moving models. I chose Del a sweet lady that I’m still good friends with.
Del
All in all the first day was fun and I met a lot of wonderful people that are still part of my life in one way or another.
No comments:
Post a Comment