May 21, 2011

Just Black & White 6 - Misc 3

Things are about to change in my drawing career and I want to share the last of my drawings before that change takes place.  I was still working out of library books and a new book, Drawing With Lee Ames, that my husband Gary gave me for a special occasion.  Gary has always been so supportive of everything I do and encourages me whenever I'm down and feeling like I'm not doing well.  How blessed am I to have him.  Again I have the initials of the book I drew from listed above each drawing.  


In the hand drawing it was my first time using the crosshatching method.  Crosshatching is a technique for rendering shading in which one set of lines crosses over (overlaps) another set.


Hand - DFD


Curly Q's - DFD





 The egg was another challenge in trying and create the look of a round object.


Egg - DFD

Seagulls - DWLA

The drawings of the little girl were both done from the Lee Ames book using a different method for each.  One was drawn using a step by step method outlined in the book and the other was drawn from observing the finished drawing in the book.  I am not certain which is which but believe the first is the step by step method.

Girl 1 - DWLA

Girl 2 - DWLA

Another area I wanted to improve was the drawing of eyes so here are a few of my attempts in doing that.

Eyes


1 comment:

Tracy said...

Love the little picture of the girl at the end,