As I was going through the book Drawing From the Artist Within I came across an interesting exercise in using the right side of the brain. Apparently our concept of drawing is changed depending on which side you use, R-mode or L-mode. In this exercise it was just a matter of doing your drawing upside down. In other words I placed the picture I was going to draw in front of me upside down and drew it as I saw it. By doing this it confuses your normal way of seeing things and causes you to draw by the shapes you see, both negative and positive, rather than drawing the object itself. The two pictures below are very simple line drawings consisting of many of the defined shapes I referred to. You will notice my signature was signed at the bottom of the drawing which would normally be the top. By doing this you automatically know it was done as an upside down drawing. I had a chance to use this method many times as I continued drawing and will share more on this subject another time.
DFAW
DFAW
I wanted to venture out and try a few subjects of my own so following are a few of my attempts at doing this.
My Feet
My Hand
Girl
No comments:
Post a Comment