June 17, 2011

Just Black & White 12 - St. Augustine Porch

I have avoided this posting for a while but have decided that postponing it will not change the outcome in any way.  I am starting a new category and in doing so I hope it will motivate me to get on the ball and do something about it.  What am I babbling about?  Unfinished works!!  I know I’m probably not the only one that has them but it goes against the grain of my personality.  I just hope this category doesn’t surpass the completed works at some point.

This drawing was started shortly after I finished the drawing of Gary and Grace so it gives you an idea of how old it is.  It’s not like I haven’t worked on it in all that time.  I get it out every now and then and work on it, I just don’t keep with it long enough to finish it before I’m back working on watercolors. 

The picture I’m working from was taken in the town of Saint Augustine on the coast of Florida at the Old St. Augustine Village Museum.   St. Augustine is known as the oldest city in the United States.  For more information about St. Augustine click here. This picture is a shot of the front porch of the house in the village.


St. Augustine Porch


Here is my unfinished drawing.


No comments: