March 13, 2014

In Living Color 44 - Dog Walking

One of the magazines I loved to browse through while living in Utah was Sunset Magazine.  It was filled with gardening, recipes, home design and crafts all of which I love.  It was a habit of mine to save each magazine in case I wanted to use some of the information in the future so when we moved to Florida I boxed them up for the trip.  After several years of having them around I thought it was time to recycle and decided to take another look for old time sake and see if there was anything I might want to tear out.  While going through one I came across an advertisement for a Centennial poster that had many of the old Sunset magazine covers on it.  I fell in love with two of them and knew they would both become paintings one day. 

Poster Advertisement

As you can see each picture was extremely small, around 1/2" X 1" in size, so out comes the trusty scanner in order to make a larger version to work from.  Here is the first painting I finished.  See if you can find it in the above photo.

Sunset - Dog Walking - Study
Watercolor
11" X 15"

No comments: