It was several years that I spent taking lessons to learn the finer art of drawing, pen & ink and watercolor but as with all good things a time comes when you feel that a new direction is needed. I was very fortunate to have two great teachers but also felt that, at the time of this decision, I was not moving forward any longer. In fact I found myself doing to much comparison to the teacher and other students and felt my work was not living up to my expectations. It was then that I decided I needed to go out on my own and discover what I could do using my own choice of subjects and the knowledge that I had obtained to that point. It was a slow process moving forward but I was determined to do it.
Regarding this subject I want to leave you with a parting thought about my teacher Therese Ferguson, here. She is an amazing artist and can paint just about anything with complete ease. She has been in many competitions and has brought home the prize probably more often than not. She and several other ladies run an art studio, Art & Antique Studio, located in Melbourne where they give lessons in many different media. Here is a picture of Therese giving a lesson in one of the classes I attended at the beach house.
My Teacher - Therese Ferguson
And here she is with an award winning ribbon at one of the shows.
Thanks for sharing all your knowledge with us Therese!
No comments:
Post a Comment