Bananas - Still Life
As I was painting the banana watercolor I decided the colors in the picture didn't really do it any justice and decided to make a few changes. I didn't want a white dish and since I love cobolt blue I chose it to brighten up the bananas along with orange since it's a complementary color to blue and goes well with yellow. I really love the color combination. Now for the part I wish I could change. First I haven't finished the painting because fabric is not easy for me to paint so I have to work out one little section at a time. Then I haven't worked on this piece for probably over a year and big mistake I didn't write down the color combination I used for the fabric so I'll have to do some experimenting to come up with a good match. And last but not least I am never sure how to complete the backgrounds and I don't want it to appear as if it were floating.
Bananas - Watercolor
The next still life painting I put together was from items I found around the house. I love cats and birds and had the little bird figurine I decided to use, along with a couple of books that would color blend and add a little humor with one having the title of "The Company of Cats".
Bird vs Cats- Still Life
Like the above painting this one also fits the unfinished category due to the background and what to do with it. I figure if I think about it long enough something will eventually come to me. Divine inspiration would be good, hint, hint.
Bird
Watercolor
11"X15"
Things seemed to go well with the still life set ups so one class in the future we had another still life day where that was all we did. Each person brought one or more items that could be set up for still life shots that were placed on several tables so everyone could do their own photo shoots for future paintings. We had so much variety to choose from and after everyone took the photos they were interested in we could mix and match any of the items for our own personal set ups. I enjoyed doing this and have a lot of pictures that I may someday use for a painting.




No comments:
Post a Comment