August 16, 2012

In Living Color 15 - Island

Now that we have had a couple of weeks to learn the basics Therese decided we could go for the gusto and start painting a few small pictures to put in practice some of those techniques as well as a few she would teach along the way.  Therese brought in cartoons of the pictures we would practice on so that everyone in the class was working on the same project.  The first one had many techniques to try such as sky, trees, sand, water and rocks to name a few.  Believe it or not we spent most of that day on one picture by first watching Therese demonstrate an area then painting that area and waiting for it to dry before starting the next step. Below is my finished picture.

Island - Watercolor


Our next picture included many of the same techniques as the last one but were painted in a vertical position rather than horizontal as you can see below.

Waterfall - Watercolor


Once again we did water but this time it was totally different and in case you didn't notice I didn't complete mine.  One day I need to finished it so it doesn't look so strange.  It will be an interesting project to complete on my own but worth a try.

Ocean - Watercolor


The above three pictures took us three weeks to work on so now we are on week six and starting a new lesson on leaves.  In the first set of leaves we were learning various shapes, colors veining and hopefully dimension.

Leaves 1

On this set it was a different shape and curving it to show dimension and shading.

Leaves 2

Here we worked on veins and attaching the leaves to a stem.

Leaves 3


I have to admit at this point I am not very impressed with the above but over time I have learned to do a much better rendition of a leaf.



No comments: