John & Wendy - Engagement Photo
First I needed to start making the cartoon that I would work from. I used the grid system for this and drew each detail square by square. For this process see June entry Just Black & White 11 .
Once the cartoon was finished I transferred it to the drawing paper. I used Arches hot press watercolor paper because it has a very smooth surface to work on with a more professional finished look. Here is the cartoon.
John & Wendy - Cartoon
I spent many months on the portion I completed with the most time being spent on getting Johns hair just right. I should have waited until he had a buzz it would have been easier. Anyway I did complete the most important and difficult areas and the rest of it should be a piece of cake in comparison. I'm not sure at what point I will get back to it since I am finally feeling like I'm making good progress with watercolor and don't want to interrupt that process. I do plan on completing it and also plan on doing the other two children as well. I just hope I live so long. Here is my unfinished drawing.
John & Wendy - Unfinished Drawing
I believe it was from this drawing that I received the comment from Louise that I was a photo realist. I guess I'm inclined to agree.
1 comment:
How cool! It looks great so far. I can't wait to see what you come up with for Josh and I. Fun idea!
Post a Comment