Glass - Still Life
As it turns out once I started painting I found that the green piece was the one I did the best. I wasn't real happy with the way the other two finished mostly because I kept overworking them trying to get the shape and perspective correct. All in all it was a good learning experience and maybe some day I'll try it again.
Glass - Watercolor
Now if glass wasn't hard enough it was time to move onto something even more challenging. Fur or hair as it is sometimes referred too. I had the perfect subject. When I was a young girl, and I do mean young, my mother had two fox shoulder wraps which I inherited and have kept all these years. I know that this might upset some people but I didn't harm them I just inherited them and don't mean to offend anyone. They made a great subject to paint and here is a picture of the two.
Fox Shoulder Wraps
Now I didn't want to paint both of them and there was someone else in the class that didn't know what to paint so I decided to share. I chose the one on the right. Kay my classmate painted the one on the left but never completed her painting since she couldn't quite get use to have it staring back at her with one eye. Unfortunately one of the eyes was missing. Here is the still-life, no pun intended, of the one I painted.
Fox Shoulder Wrap - Still Life
Painting fur one hair at a time was like watching grass grow but believe it or not I like the detailed work and didn't mind it. Here is the finished picture.
Fox Shoulder Wrap - Watercolor
1 comment:
Glass is hard and you did it well. I also love the colors.
Post a Comment