April 29, 2011

Just Black & White 1 - Bonte Sisters

I guess it all started with the Bonte sisters, my becoming an artist that is.  Back in 2004 Gary and I moved to Florida.  I had been working full time in Utah and after the move I had more time on my hands than I knew what to do with.  One afternoon as I was looking through the local newspaper I saw three sketches that caught my eye.  They were of Anne, Emily and Charlotte Bonte, well known as a trio of sibling poets and novelists.  I purchased a drawing pad and pencil and gave it a try.  For a beginner I thought they were okay but knew I had a long way to go.  It was all I needed to give me a taste of something I knew I wanted to continue.  I will be sharing the path I’ve taken over the years since then.  Below are my sketches of the sisters.


Emily Bonte




Anne Bonte



Charlotte Bonte



For a very interesting read about the Bonte Sisters go here.

No comments: